- I am a people person and love helping others
- I do not consider myself to be an academic, I am perhaps what you would consider ‘street smart’ however, I am no fool.
- I believe in transparency, no hidden agendas, doing the right thing, standing up for what you believe in and telling the truth as only honesty leads to trust.
- I have nothing to hide from anyone which affords me a strength beyond comparison.
- If you want to know anything about me just ask and I will tell you.
- I don’t like wasting time or effort of either myself or of anyone else – our time on this planet is brief and I have too much to do (as I am sure you do to).
- I respect the views of other people, I may not agree, but that is my choice.
- I am goal oriented and I don’t give up.
- I form an opinion based upon evidence, and make decisions based upon my opinion. If I hear a better opinion, which is based upon new or different evidence, I may change my opinion and perhaps make a different decision.
- I am not afraid of making decisions, if I am wrong, I will make another decision to fix it.
- I have learned to trust my ‘gut’ as it rarely fails me.
- Justice of the Peace Reg No. 115198 (since 1988)
- Managing Director & Owner, Tech Teams Australia – Recruitment Agency (Employing 20 staff). Business was sold in 2003.
- Level 6 Certified Practicing Project Director (CPPD) with the Australian Institute of Project Management (This is an internationally recognised accreditation and is the highest level obtainable in Australia) – Project Management since 1995.
- Managing Director & Owner, CTQ Management Consulting – Project Management and consulting organisation since 2001
- Seven Years, Chairman, The Daniel Clarke Foundation – Charity to assist the care of children with Athetoid Cerebral Palsy
- Author of, “The Home Budgeting Kit” (Self help book to assist in the establishing a home budget)
- Author of, “Hey Dad” Blog (2007-2010) hosted by Cerebral Palsy Alliance . (The Hey Dad Blog achieved the highest rating on blogger for the disability sector)
- President of the School Council, Terrey Hills Public School – 7 years (2001-2007)
Media liaison on issues such as;
- Promotion and sales operations of the best selling Australian books, “Tears In The Jungle” and “Fight for Survival” written by Daniel and William Clarke
- Promotion of Daniel Clarke’s quest to save the orangutan with local and national media ($865,000+ raised to save the orangutan)
- Coordination of the issue of Teachers Aide Funding for children with a disability through Federal and State government agencies as well as discussions with the Leader of the Opposition, Barry O’Farrell and the Premier of NSW, Kristina Keneally.
- Five times Australian Ice Dance Champion (Junior/Senior, 1984 – 88)
- Five times representative at World Figure Skating Championships (18th in the world highest ranking) – (2 x Junior, 3 x Senior)
- Represented Australia at the 1988 Winter Olympics, Calgary, Canada in Ice Dancing (20th in the world)
- The first Australian to represent the country at a Winter Olympics in Ice Dancing (with skating partner Monica MacDonald)
- Photographer – Photographs used in best selling Australian books advertising material
Hobby / Charity work
- Videographer – Capturing, editing and production of online and broadcast quality advertising and production material since 2005
- Website developer – Have developed and supported many organisations in creation of a digital strategy to assist in marketing their product and increasing customer / member numbers.
- Drummer and percussionist and regularly gig around Sydney at different venues.
- Model aircraft enthusiast and holder of Model Aeronautical Association of Australia (MAAA), Bronze Wings remote control aircraft license.
Permanent link to this article: http://www.theclarkefamily.com.au/aboutus/rodney-clarke/